Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bottle Battle 2011 - Days 10 & 11

Day 10

Yesterday was absolutely fine. I gave Adriana her bottle, and she took it pretty much right away.

Day 11

My mom and dad were in town today, so I thought it would be another good opportunity for Adriana to get her bottle from someone other than me. My mom started to give Adriana her bottle. She chewed on the bottle for a little bit, like she usually does, and we thought it was going to be a perfect feeding. Then she started to cry. Mom said she was going to try to take her up to her room to see how she did. Mom turned on the lights and fan (which Adriana loves to watch), sat down in the glider with Adriana in her lap, gave Adriana her Scentsy lamb (see Jaclyn Croussore if you are interested in purchasing one), and then gave her the bottle. I stayed downstairs, but this is what Mom told me. I heard Adriana cry once, and I went to see how things were going after a little while.

She was doing great! She was finished with 3 ounces, and was acting like she was done. She looked so happy! The time that I heard her crying was when Mom had taken the bottle out of her mouth to see if she was done. She wanted it back!

Mom took Adriana downstairs, and after a little while, she started to cry for her bottle again. She finished 2 more ounces. At this point her bottle was empty, and I didn't have anymore milk thawed. She was still hungry, so she got to nurse. She ate for 20 more minutes! I swear I don't starve my baby.

I'm so thrilled with how well she did with her bottle! I hope this continues...

1 comment:

Jaclyn C said...

thanks for the shout out! I am so glad she likes it :)