Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bottle Battle 2011 - Day 5

When we first started today, I thought the battle was going to be completely over.  It wasn't...but it was a little better.

At 4:30, Adriana started to get fussy.  She sucked on her hand a little, so I warmed the bottle up.  It was ready at 4:35.  She let me put the bottle in her mouth without any fussing.  She didn't suck on it though.  She played with the bottle until 4:43.  She took a few sucks at this time.  This is when I thought she had decided the bottle was ok.  But, she started to cry.  I had her try to suck on the bottle for a few minutes, and then I gave her a break.

At 4:52, she started to suck again, so I gave her the bottle again.  She cried again.  At this point, she was getting pretty tired, too, which added to her fussiness.  I had her try for a few minutes once again, but she still wasn't ready, so she got another break.

The next time she started to suck was about 5:05.  Her eyes were getting so drowsy.  The poor little girl just wanted to go to sleep, but she was hungry, too.  I gave her the bottle again.  She started to suck on the bottle almost immediately this time.  Within about 3 minutes, she was sucking at a regular rhythm and her eyes were closed.  At this point, I went to sit down.  Unlike the other times that I tried to sit down, Adriana didn't object this time.  She finished 5 1/2 ounces!

I don't think she's too damaged by all of this.  This is how she looked when she woke up from her nap:


No comments: