Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bottle Battle 2011 - Day 7

I think the battle might be over. (Knock on wood)

5:56 - I put the bottle in Adriana's mouth for the first time.

5:57 - Adriana began sucking on the bottle, and proceeded to finish it.

The issue now is that Adriana is no longer sleeping 10 - 12 hours at night. She still sleeps long enough for it to be considered sleeping through the night, but it's quite a bit earlier than I would like (3:30ish). I think this is related to the bottle because it started on Sunday/Monday, the first day that she took the bottle pretty well. My mom thinks this is Adriana saying, "I'll take your stupid bottle, but I'll get you back another way."

On Monday and Tuesday morning, she only woke up once. This morning, she woke up twice before her normal wake up time. I think this is interesting because we gave her two bottles yesterday. It's almost as if she's saying, "I'm getting those boobs x amount of times, and if you won't give them to me during the day, I'll get them when you're trying to sleep!"

While I would love to have her go back to sleeping 10 - 12 hours, I am thrilled that she's taking the bottle. Being tired doesn't stress me out nearly as much as the thought of her not eating when I go back to work. She's probably just a little stressed right now, and she'll go back to sleeping more once she adjusts. I hope so anyway. :-)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

One thing I learned (especially after having my second), is that no matter how much we think we have it figured out, we never do. She'll get to that place and when she does, she'll throw a few sleepless nights in there to mix things up! We still have those random weeks :o) Good luck, though! She sure is a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! She definitely keeps me on my toes already. :-)