Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seventeen Weeks

This week I...

  • Actually gained weight.  I was losing weight at the beginning of my pregnancy, and it was starting to worry me, so I was happy when the numbers on the scale went up this time.  However, that still doesn't make it great to hear the doctor (not my usual one) say, "well, it looks like you've been able to eat now."  Jerk!  Let's hope he's not the one on call when I go into labor.
  • Felt the baby move.  A LOT!  Scott tried to see if he could feel the baby on Saturday night.  He couldn't, but I could feel the baby kick him.  That was pretty cool!  On Monday morning, the baby was moving like crazy, and I felt it with my hand, so I thought Scott would be able to feel it that night.  But, the baby moved up a little farther, and now it can't be felt from the outside anymore.
  • Started getting a pain when I breathe from time to time.  That's fun.  I think it's a combination of allergies (which are usually bad this time of year) and things getting squished.
  • Had my first baby showers.  I love my kids!  My 6th and 7th period classes decided to throw me baby showers on the last day before spring break.  They were so great!  I can't believe how much work they put into it.  Here are some pictures from the two showers:
One of the banners brought in by 6th period:









The gift table in 6th period:









The food table in 6th period:










6th Period brought in balloons:









Opening my gifts during 6th period:






My cupcakes.  Rainbow Chip frosting is SO hard to find, but it's my favorite part of the cupcake.  I love Aly for working so hard to get it for me!


One of the kids wanted everyone to dress like me.  No one else played along.  :-)










More balloons brought in by 6th period:

After opening gifts, the kids realized we still had some time left.  They asked me what else you normally do at a baby shower.  I told them that you play games sometimes, so they quickly came up with some games for us to play.











Then the 7th period celebration started.  These three girls planned this shower:




We played Baby Bingo.  They even had prizes for the winners!




Then I opened my presents from 7th period:










One of my favorite outfits:

 The girls also had the kids guess how many squares of toilet paper it would take to go around me, but no one got a picture of that game.  As of Thursday, March 31 (16 weeks, 1 day), it took 8 1/2 squares.  :-)

Finally, a picture of me at 17 weeks:

















And a belly shot:

No comments: