Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Halfway!!

I am 20 weeks today, which puts me at the halfway point for this pregnancy!  To celebrate, Scott and I purchased a glider and ottoman for the nursery.  There is a furniture store in town that is closing one of its locations, so they are having a pretty good sale.  We were able to get a very nice set at a very good price.  Plus, I'm pretty sure it helped us make a decision on the color for the nursery.  The glider fabric is green, so I think we will look at a shade of green for the nursery walls.

I've continued to get some charley horses after days of being on my feet for a long time.  Sometimes I get them in my calves, other times in my feet.  One night this week, I got three in my feet within about 45 minutes.  Ouch!  Scott says it's preparing me for my contractions.

Ever since my belly started to pop, my mom has been surprised by my size.  She has asked me on more than one occasion if I'm sure there is only one baby.  I never really got why she thought I was so big.  I found out this week.  When we were at mom and dad's shelter house for Easter, we measured my waist (if you can still call it that).  At 19 1/2 weeks, I was about the same size as my mom was right before she gave birth to each of her kids.  I can't believe she was so small!  Brandon was not a small baby (8 pounds, 11 ounces).  How did he fit!?!?!  Amazing!

I think I look about average for 20 weeks (based on seeing my pregnant friends), but maybe I am a little big.  I was told today that my belly is growing exponentially.  I'll let you be the judge.  :-)


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy halfway day...looking good!!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Mom!