Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

It depends on how much of a hurry I'm in.  :-)  I like the look of wrapping paper better, so I usually use that.  But if I'm in a big hurry, or if the shape gives the present away too much, I will use a bag.

2. Real or Fake Tree?

I like fake better.  It lasts from year to year, you don't have to worry about what to do with it after Christmas, there are no needles to continually pick up, and it doesn't hurt to put the ornaments on.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Sometime after Thanksgiving.  Since we had Thanksgiving here this year (on the Sunday after Thanksgiving), I put the tree up the following week.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Sometime between Christmas and New Year's.  Definitely before I go back to school.

5. Do you like eggnog?

No...GROSS!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

I had so many gifts that I loved.  My parents were (and still are) great at finding things that they know we will love.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

A tiny one.  I don't know where it came from.  I would like to get a new one.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Probably Scott's dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for?

Kids are usually easy to buy for because they're so happy with everything!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got?

I appreciate the thought that goes into any gift, but I don't really like chocolate, so the random boxes of chocolates that I get from students aren't my favorites.  And, of course this year, I got a mystery-mix-in-a-bag from a student whose mother is always drunk and/or high.  Definitely NOT my favorite.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?

I mail them.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Of course, Christmas Vacation.  I also love the newer version of Miracle on 34th Street.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I shop throughout the year when I see things that I know people will like.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Of course.  Other people like those chocolates mentioned in #10.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

???

16. Colored or clear lights on the tree?

I think clear lights look fancier, so I like those right now.  Once we have kids, we'll get more colored lights because the kids will like them better.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

All I Want for Christmas is You

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Travel, for the most part.  We go to Mom and Dad's the Sunday before Christmas for the Pastore Family Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, we go to Scott's parents' house.  We go to church with his mom, and then the four of us celebrate Christmas.  On Christmas day, we go to my parents' house again for Christmas with my parents, brother, and his boys.  This year, we are going to Scott's sister's house the day after Christmas to celebrate Christmas with she and her family.  Scott's parents will be there with us as well.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Of course.  Even out of order.  Yesterday, Connor asked me which reindeer's name starts with "B," and I was able to answer "Blitzen" right away.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

We don't really have one we like yet, but it will always be an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Both, plus some.  We open them at each celebration that we have. 

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

People who lose the spirit of the season and look at it as an annoyance.

23. What do you enjoy most about Christmas?

Getting together with family and seeing the kids open their presents.  I love how excited they get.

24. Hot Chocolate or Cider?

Hot chocolate, of course.  Cider is gross any time of year, and it's a drink that annoys me.

25. What do you want for Christmas?

Happiness for everyone I know.