I finally found a candle to go in the center of the pine cone wreath I found for our entryway table...and then it was too small. Scott laughed when he saw it. Hard. So, I went back to the snowman candle, and I've decided he looks cute burrowed into his pinecones, so I'm keeping him.
The final decoration (for now, anyway) is thanks to one of the students I tutor. About two weeks ago, when I got to the girl's house, her mom was hanging their wreath, and she had found a framed initial to put in the center. I loved it! I told her that, and she told me she got it at Hobby Lobby. I asked if she would mind if I copied, since we don't really know any of the same people. She said she didn't mind.
Unfortunately, when I went to Hobby Lobby, I found the pre-lit wreath and I found the framed initials...but they were out of the letter H. :-( So I got some other things to spruce up the wreath, and figured I would keep looking for the H.
When I went to tutor last week, the mom asked if I made my wreath. I told her that they didn't have an H, but I was going to keep looking. Today, she surprised me with my Christmas present. She put in a special order for the H so I could complete the wreath.
Here is the finished product (still unlit)...
Merry Christmas (again)!

No comments:
Post a Comment