Only two weeks before my due date! I am definitely ready. I've gotten past the fear, and now I'm just excited. I'm excited to see our baby. How long is its hair now? What color is its hair? Does it really have my chin and Scott's nose, or will they look totally different from the ultrasounds? How big will it be? And, of course, is IT a boy or a girl? I'm sure everyone else is wondering what it will be named.
I've had some more things that have made me think I was going to have the baby this past week, but nothing yet. On Thursday morning, I had the bloody show. One thing I read said that most babies are born within 24 hours after this happens. Friday came and went. No baby. Another thing I read said within 72 hours. Saturday came and went. Sunday came and went. No baby. I've had contractions off and on. No baby. I've had back pain, which I haven't had at all during the entire pregnancy. No baby. I've had cramping. No baby. I've had the feeling that the baby is falling out. No baby. I'm told all these signs mean it's close, and I've been told that I look like I'm going to pop. No baby. Yesterday I felt better than I've felt in a long time. I wasn't tired. I made cupcakes (thanks for the recipe, Shannon!). I vacuumed a little (that's about as "nesty" as I get). But...STILL NO BABY!!!!
I really am ok with this. I know I'm not due for another two weeks, and it would be perfectly normal for me to go another two weeks after that. Plus, I want a mother's ring someday, and I like September's birthstone better than August's. I know the baby will come when it's ready, and I'll just be happy to have a healthy baby whenever it comes. I'm just antsy now because so many people have said it's close, and I get my hopes up thinking that I will get to see our baby soon.
I have my weekly appointment with my doctor this afternoon, so I may be back to update what happens at that appointment. For now, though, I'll leave you with the weekly pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment