Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

37 Weeks

This week was definitely less eventful than the previous week.  I had a few painful contractions here and there, but nothing big.  On Tuesday morning, I was having contractions on the way to school.  Then I had another one when I got inside.  One of my co-workers told me that I got really pale, so she knew I was having a contraction.  She predicts a baby on Friday.  On Wednesday, I had one REALLY painful one during lunch.  This time, I was told that my eyes teared up and my face got bright red.  The other people at lunch tried to rush me right to the hospital.  I told them it was way too early; the contractions have to be rhythmic for an hour.  I was right.  They went away.

After school on Wednesday, Scott and I went to the doctor.  I had my strep B test, and the doctor checked me to see how I am progressing.  I am about 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  She said it could be later this week, or I could go past my due date.  So, we get to wait and see when the baby decides it is ready.

My principal would prefer that the baby wait a little longer.  He got a phone call from my sub yesterday, and she told him that she has taken a permanent position at a private school.  I'm panicking that they won't find another sub by the time I have to leave.  When I told my class that they are going to get a different sub, but we don't know who it is yet, they asked if I was going to teach by Skyping from the delivery room.  I sure hope not!

I'll be sure to update if anything exciting happens.  Otherwise, see you again next week...






No comments: