During the 35th week, I interviewed another pediatrician. I did not like this one nearly as well. Whereas the first pediatrician made me feel like she really wanted to get to know me and my family, this one didn't even know my name. Literally. When she was finished answering my questions (with very little elaboration), she handed me my "bill" (I wasn't charged for the meet-and-greet, but it's what a normal bill would look like). At the top, it said "patient name." Apparently, my name is Brenda Helm. That was comforting. What if the office messed up my child's file sometime? So, I've decided that our pediatrician will be Dr. Deb Davis.
I also started packing for the hospital. I found several lists and suggestions online, and I put them together into one list for us. I still don't have everything I need, and some things (phone, charger, etc.) will have to be last-minute additions, but I have a VERY good start on being ready to go.
On Wednesday, I took a final tour of the hospital. The postpartum rooms have been completely renovated, and they are SO nice. There is so much room for people to visit, there is a nice bed for Scott, and they have wonderful amenities. I had a private tour with one of the nurses, and afterward we went over my birth plan. Yes, I know that births rarely go perfectly according to plan, but I want the nurses and doctors to have a general idea of what I would like to happen so they don't immediately try to do something that I do not want. The nurse was very impressed with my organization, and she was so nice! She even sent me a card after my visit.
Another big event was that the baby and I went back to school. Yes, this early. We finish before Memorial Day, so we start early. I don't mind because it allows me to get more days in before the baby is born, and I get to establish the rules for my classroom so the kids don't look at me as the impostor when I go back in January. However, while I do like being back, and it is making time go by quickly, it has been a little difficult. Being on my feet so much makes me swell more. I feel like I have cankles, my fingers have turned into sausages, and my shoes don't fit. I feel so unprofessional, but I've been wearing flip flops. My principals said they're fine with it. It's not like I do it all the time, and they don't expect me to by new shoes for a few weeks. I'm also very tired. I came home and took a nap Monday and Tuesday, and I still go right to sleep at night. One of the instructional assistants told me today that whenever she feels tired, she looks at me and realizes how exhausted I must be, and then she feels better. I'll get through it though. And it will all be worth it. I'll be able to have time off with our baby, and I won't be going back to a class full of strangers.
I think it might be about bedtime, so I'll leave you with this week's pictures:
Kucoin better than Binance? Honest opinion
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment