Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

34 Weeks

I can't believe we only have about 6 weeks to go!

We finished Lamaze class this week.  It was a really good class, and we learned a lot about childbirth and managing pain.  This week, we had one of the most beneficial exercises at the end of class.  Each pregnant woman had to hold her hand in a bucket of ice water for one minute.  The support person was not allowed to offer any support.  Scott had to stand with his back to me and watch the clock.  At one point, he told me, "you're not even at 30 seconds yet."  I told him that was not helpful.  After a minute, we turned to face each other, and then put the other hand in the bucket of ice for one minute.  This time, our instructor told us when time was up, and Scott got to use the techniques used in class to help me through the pain.  The second minute did seem to go faster than the first.  We learned that when I'm in pain, I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders.  The instructor told us that Scott should plan on massaging my shoulders during labor.

Last Saturday, I had a shower in Indianapolis.  This shower was given by my friends, Liana, Rebecca, and Tracy.  It was just as fabulous as the first one!  I had so much fun!  I'm glad that Mom, Sue, Liana, Rebecca, Tracy, Joyce M., Jane, Kathy, Karen, Marcy, Gretchen, Kira, Gabby, and Sophia were able to come to the shower to celebrate with me.  (Hopefully these pictures line up a little better than the nursery pictures from last week, but I make no promises.)

Sue's friend, Karen, made the cake.  Didn't she do a wonderful job?

Two other friends of Sue's, Kathy and Joyce W., got me this fabulous diaper cake!

Two of my cousins, Gabby and Sophia, came to the shower.

Joyce M., Marcy, Tracy, and Jane were also there.

Kathy and Sue

Tracy's baby, Cara, came to the shower.  She and Gretchen became great friends!  Liana was kind enough to have the shower at her house.

 
Opening some presents...

...and some more...

...and some more...

...and some more.
 Here's a better look at the gifts my baby received:


Rebecca got us some onesies, spoons, and cups/bowls.

The Baby Einstein Lights and Melodies Mirror and Baby Einstein books came from Marcy.

Gretchen got us a bottle drying rack and some onesies.  These onesies are bigger, and they are long-sleeved since it will be colder when the baby will wear them.

Melinda gave us a 1st Christmas sleep sack, breast milk storage bags, The Hungry Caterpillar, and a book of Oxford poems.

This booster seat and book came from Sue's friends, Jane and Joyce M.

Tracy got us a Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper.
The booster seat, book, onesies, outfits, and duck security blanket seen here were from Kira.
My mom got us a Baby Bullet and accessories, bibs (including the one about Brandon being hot and single), and candles for the first three birthdays (they actually told me the order in which I should open the presents, but I will use them).
 
Mom also got us this book.
Sue got us a baby gym and four Dr. Seuss books.
We got a HUGE Elmo, some onesies (different sizes), a newborn cap and mitten set, and a duck bathrobe from my cousins, Gabby, Sophia, and Isabella.
Liana completely outdid herself!  Not only did she have the shower at her house, but she also got us a duck hamper, bath mat, hand towels, rubber duckies, stationery, and a TON of books for our little one!
In addition to making the cake, Karen got us a book that she read to her students when she taught with Sue, a set of balls, a hammer and nail set, a frame, and the duck piggy bank that was used to decorate the cake.
As I said, it was another wonderful shower, and I am so lucky to have such fantastic friends and family!  Our baby is very lucky, too.  Even though no one has met him or her yet, so many people love him or her already!

And speaking of the baby, here are the latest pictures of the baby's growth:

No comments: