Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

39 Weeks

Yes, I'm still here...and yes, I'm still pregnant.  I am asked these things on a daily basis now, so I figured I would get the answers out of the way right away.

No, I am not depressed.  Recently, I was asked by someone when I thought the baby would come.  I said I didn't have any idea (aside from scheduled C-sections, who does?), and I didn't want to be asked that every day for (possibly) the entire month of September (my doctor told me that I will be induced if I don't have the baby by September 27th).  Apparently, this came across as me being depressed.  This is not at all true, and it really upset me.  I've wanted to have children since I was a child myself, and I'm thrilled that I'm FINALLY pregnant.  I'm excited to meet our baby, but I'm not at all depressed about being pregnant.  I'm glad that I'm able to get (and stay) pregnant.  I'm happy that I get to have a full-term baby, and not worry about additional risks that can happen if a baby is born too early.  I'm thrilled that we'll get to welcome our baby to our family in 20 days or fewer.  For now, I'm enjoying the last days that I have with just Scott.  So, no, I am not depressed.  I just don't see a point in asking me (every day) when I think I'll have the baby.  If you're worried that you won't know when I have the baby, don't be.  I will be sure to announce it to the world!*

Now for the events of week 39...

I didn't come back to talk about my doctor's appointment last week because there wasn't much to tell.  I found out that I have group B strep.  I don't know much about this, other than that it doesn't affect me at all, but it could be dangerous for the baby.  During delivery, I will have to take penicillin to decrease the chances of the baby being harmed (from 1 in 200 to 1 in 4000).  I'm a little nervous about this because I got a rash after taking penicillin when I was 4.  Since that time, though, I have taken penicillin without any problems.  My doctor is confident I will be fine, and since I will be in a hospital, they will be able to take care of any problems that might arise.

I have no idea if I am dilated or effaced anymore.  They won't do another internal exam until next week because they don't want to accidentally cause me to go into labor before the baby is ready.

I feel like I have progressed somewhat this week though.  I have had an increase in pelvic pain which is supposed to happen as the baby settles further and further down.  On Monday night, I swear I felt the baby snuggling down further.

My contractions continue to come and go without any real patterns or increase in intensity.  My back pain also comes and goes.

My biggest news of the week is that Scott surprised me with a new camera.  If you happen to remember my pictures from my 30th birthday post, you know that my current camera is not the best.  Most of the pictures come out blurry, it's about 5 years old, and it doesn't have very many different settings.  Scott did his research and got it narrowed down to two cameras, then he had me pick which one I liked best and we ordered it.  I am so excited for it to get here!

The final event of the week occurred today after school.  Some of my friends at school worked together to give me a shower.  I was able to enjoy some time with my coworkers after school, and I had a lot of fun!  I was so happy to have so many people there to celebrate the baby with me!  Since it just happened today, I haven't had a chance to get pictures of the gifts, but I will put them on here soon.

As of right now, the only pictures I have are the usual weekly shots.



















*Note:  I am including this story on this blog in case someone ever tells my child that I was depressed when I was pregnant with him/her.  I want documentation that this was not the case.

2 comments:

Jaclyn C said...

so when do you think you'll have that baby? (just kidding)! you look Great!! I am sure we'll hear from your mom as soon as it happens, if not sooner :) I'm keeping you, Scott, and Baby H in my prayers.

Elizabeth said...

Haha! Thanks! I'll be sure to have Mom let you guys know. :-)