Otherwise, Eric is doing extremely well. In fact, the doctor says that he is acting much more like an eight-month-old than a six-month-old. He is rolling back and forth and all around like crazy. He is "planking" (getting up on his hands and toes) as well as getting up on his hands and knees occasionally. He scoots to get whatever he wants. The doctor was not at all surprised that he doesn't want to sit up. Whenever I try to have him sit up, he immediately scoots himself back to the ground so he can roll around. Eric just LOVES to move!
He is also advanced in another area. Eric is having a little bit of separation anxiety, which usually doesn't happen until babies are a little older. I'm guessing this is because I went back to work last week and Eric is adjusting to not seeing me all the time. He is having a lot of fun at home with Adriana and Hermie, though. He gives Hermie and great big smile every morning when he sees her. He is also ok with me leaving. He doesn't cry. He just wants to be held a lot when I'm gone, and I can barely put him down once I get home. I'm sure he'll get used to it. He'll learn that I do come back and the Mama's Boy phase will subside.
According to the list of milestones, Eric is doing very well in all areas. At six months old, Eric can do all of the following:
- keeps head level when pulled to a sitting position
- makes some vowel-consonant sounds
- sits by self with minimal support (as long as he is interested in something)
- opens mouth for spoon
- reaches for and grabs objects
- rolls over and back
- can hold bottle
- copies some facial expressions
- makes two-syllable sounds
- turns in direction of a voice
- chews on objects
- reaches for utensils when being fed
- turns head away when finished eating
- rolls all the way around
- gets on arms and knees in crawling position
- has specific cries for various needs
- babbles enthusiastically
- tests gravity by dropping objects over edge of high chair
- responds to own name
- has different reactions for different family members
- shows some anxiety when removed from parent
- reaches for toys
- gets upset if toy is removed
- stands holding onto someone
Here are the pictures of Eric at six months old*:
*Like most days, he had no interest in sitting still.

No comments:
Post a Comment