Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

24 Weeks

This past week was rather...eventful.  Last week, I wrote about how Wednesday was a rough day.  Thanks to my super-fashionable belt, Thursday was a better day, and Friday started out good as well. However, at about 9:00 on Friday, I went to the bathroom and saw a little spot of blood.

I panicked!  I called the doctor, and they told me not to worry.  They said I would be in pain if anything was wrong.  I hung up and was appeased for about 3 minutes.  Then I started thinking of Grovo.  When things first started going wrong with him, they (different doctor's office) told me that if anything were wrong, I would be in pain.  I wasn't in any pain then, and there was definitely something wrong!  I also thought about the pain I was in on Wednesday.  As soon as my next class was over, I called the doctor again.  I reminded them of my history, and I told them I wanted to come in to be checked.  They called back a little later and said they could get me in at 11:30.

I left school, and Scott met me at the doctor's office.  By that time, I had seen a spot of blood one more time.  I was so nervous.  I started thinking of how Celeste's placenta started to tear away when Shelly was 35 weeks pregnant.  I also thought of how little our baby is.  It's lungs aren't developed enough yet.  It's only a little over a pound.  I worried that if it were born today it wouldn't survive, even in the NICU.  My palms were so sweaty as we waited for the doctor to come in.

I got to meet a new doctor, and I really liked him.  He joked around a lot, which made me calm down a little.  He did an exam and said he didn't see any blood, and he couldn't see a reason for the bleeding.  So, he sent me to get another ultrasound.  He wanted to make sure the placenta was okay.  The ultrasound tech let us see our baby again, and it looked great!  It was moving around like crazy!  Then she looked at the placenta.  She explained what it would look like if the placenta were tearing away, and our baby's placenta didn't look like that.  It was still perfectly intact.  The ultrasound tech told the baby to stop scaring Mommy.

We went back to the doctor, and he told us that everything looks great, and he couldn't explain why I had been bleeding at all.  He said it happens sometimes as you get bigger.  He told me not to worry; the baby is fine.  He said I shouldn't lift anything for two weeks, and I needed to stay off my feet as much as possible over the weekend.  Otherwise, there was really nothing else I could do, and everything should be just fine.  I was so relieved!

Other than that episode, it's been a pretty good week.  It's starting to get harder to breathe, and I know that will only get worse, but the baby has been SO active!  It's fun to feel it move around and watch my stomach jump up and down from time to time.

We also went on a tour of a day-care center.  My school has a day-care for children of employees in our school corporation.  We talked to one of the directors about their program, and we got to see all of the different classrooms.  It was fun to see where our baby will play, learn, and make friends!  And I love that it is right down the hall from me.  Several of my friends have kids that go to the day-care, and they are very happy with it.

And finally...this week's pictures:


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Whew!!! Never a dull moment:-)