Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

22 Weeks

I'll get the bad out of the way first.  My heartburn has been HORRIBLE!  It doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat.  It's unbearable.  I've heard that heartburn means the baby has a lot of hair.  If this baby comes out bald, my jaw will drop to the floor.

Now for the good:

I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day!  For the second year in a row, Scott and I had both of our moms (plus our dads and Brandon) over to celebrate our mothers.  This year, I got to be part of the celebration, too!  My mom bought me two maternity dresses.  Here is one of them:



Sue got me a gift card to Motherhood Maternity so I can go shopping.  And Scott surprised me with these:


Of course, the big news of this week came the day after Mother's Day.  We got to see our baby!  We had our ultrasound on Monday, and everything looks great!  There are no signs of Down's syndrome, no cleft lip/palate, and no spina bifida.  The brain and heart also look great.  It's little hands and feet are SO cute!  And Scott thinks that it has my chin.  There may be a minor problem with one kidney.  It may have some scar tissue on it.  It could correct itself automatically.  The worst-case scenario is that they would need to use a probe to remove the scar tissue once the baby is born.  This isn't ideal, but at least it doesn't involve cutting the baby open.  They want to keep an eye on the kidney so they are prepared, so I get another ultrasound at the end of June.  It will be fun to see how much the baby grows/changes in the next 8 weeks.  For now, though, here are some of our favorite pictures from this ultrasound:

Well, never mind.  The ultrasound pictures are in the wrong format, so I'll have to do some more work to get them on here.  For now, I'll show you some pictures of the baby from the outside (aka me):



No comments: