Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Adriana Leigh Herman is TWO!

Our little girl turned TWO on Wednesday, September 11.  She celebrated the weekend before with family and friends at a Monsters, Inc. themed party, and she had a great time!

At two years old, Adriana has definitely met and/or exceeded all of the typical milestones.  Some of the stuff she knows amazes me, and I can't believe the memory that this kid has!  About eight weeks ago, Sue and I took Adriana to ride a carousel at a park in Noblesville.  Yesterday, we went to lunch with Ron at Panera after our library time.  When we left Panera, Adriana said "care of self."  Sue asked me what she was saying, and I told her that's how she says carousel.  Sue said, "what would remind her of that?"  And that's when I remembered that we had eaten lunch with Ron at Panera after riding the carousel.

On June 26th, we went to Scott's work to take him out to lunch for his birthday.  A lot of the admin women talked to Adriana, and we had her say hi to them.  She didn't see any of these people again until last Saturday (September 14) at Scott's company picnic.  At one point during the day, Adriana was playing in the bouncy castle, and Peggy (the head admin person) came over to talk to her.  When Peggy went to leave, I told Adriana to say bye bye.  Adriana looked up and said, "bye bye, Peggy."  Amazing!

What amazes me most about Adriana, though, is her good heart.  She kisses EVERYTHING!  She kisses me, Scott, her brother, her toys, sticks on the ground (eww), everything.  I can't count the number of kisses that Eric gets everyday.  And she is always concerned about how he's doing.  I often hear, "hi there, Baby Little Eric.  Whatcha doin'?"  She loves to help take care of him, and she practices on her babies when she isn't trying to help with him.  It's fun to watch her interpretations of how I take care of a baby.  Based on watching her, I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

She is definitely in the imitation phase of her life, and she wants to be just like Mommy.  As a result, she showers Daddy with attention, and looks forward to him coming home all day long.  I constantly hear, "Daddy do it when he comes home."  Once he does get home, she can't wait to play with her "dog house" (doll house) and eat candy with him.  And she thinks he is the best dancer.  It is nonstop laughter when Daddy is around.

I tried to take an Elmo picture of Adriana, but she wasn't being too cooperative, so I'm including a cuter picture that I took of her on her birthday.  Here it is:





Happy 2nd birthday to the sweetest little two-year-old I know!  We all love you so much!

No comments: