Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Adriana Leigh is Seventeen Months Old!

Adriana continues to be the brightest part of each of my days.  I just finished reading an email from a hateful parent, and I have chosen to write about Adriana before I go to bed so that my day ends on a good note.

Adriana can now say 16 words.  Some of them sound quite similar because they start with the same sound, but she always uses them correctly.  The words she can say are Mama, Daddy, ball, bye-bye, boom, chip, cheese, chair, Elmo, milk, more, Zeke, Poppy, puppy, poop, and no-no.  She also recognizes the letter A, and recognizes the number 1 most of the time.  She can tell you the sounds that m, p, and t make.  She still loves babies and flowers.  Right now, she is fascinated by faces.  She is constantly pointing out eyes, noses, mouths, tongues, ears, cheeks, and hair.  She thinks it's hilarious when people wear hats.

I found a developmental milestone chart on babycenter.com, and I can tell you that Adriana can do all of the following:

  • Turns the pages of a book
  • Has temper tantrums when frustrated (like her mommy)
  • "Helps" around the house (cooking, laundry)
  • Takes off one piece of clothing by herself (mostly, her coat)
  • Likes riding toys
  • Feeds a doll or animal
  • Dances to music
  • Brushes teeth with help
  • Uses a spoon and fork
  • Runs
  • Points to a picture or object when you call it by name
  • Throws away garbage
  • Can walk up and down stairs
Some of those things are for children as old as 21 months, so I'm quite proud of her.  :-)

She's still as tiny as can be.  She's growing taller, so she'll need to go up to 18 month clothes soon, but based on her weight, she could still stay in 12 months for quite awhile.  She weighs about 21 pounds.  According to the chart on babycenter, this means that she is in the 5th - 10th percentile.  We love our tiny girl!

You can't really tell here, but she's making Elmo clap his hands.  She loves doing this with her stuffed animals!



 See you next month!

No comments: