Adriana is doing very well. She is enjoying playtime at the Monon Center, story time and playtime at the library, and making new friends wherever she goes. In the spring, Grandma Herman is planning to start taking her to a music class for toddlers. I think she will LOVE this. Whenever she hears music, she will stop what she is doing so she can "dance."
Adriana is also adding to her vocabulary. She still loves making animal sounds more than anything. She can tell you what an elephant, a puppy, a horse, a sheep, a cow, a cat, and a monkey say. She can also tell you that Santa says "ho ho." She knows how to say Mo-Mo (Elmo). This morning she said "Poppy" (my dad). And she knows how to say her new favorite word: no.
Yes, Adriana has developed an attitude. I don't know where it comes from. It must be her father. When she gets mad, frustrated, or just generally upset/tired, she will stomp her foot, shake her finger, and say, "ni-ni-ni!" She first did this last Tuesday. I was peeling a cucumber, and I wasn't fast enough for her. When I wouldn't let her grab it out of my hand, she stomped her foot, shook her finger at me, and said, "ni-ni-ni!" I didn't know whether to have my feelings hurt or laugh at her. The second time she did it, it was easier to decide how to react. She now gets a time out and doesn't get what she wants me to give her. It may be cute and funny when she does it now, but I'm sure it will not be cute or funny if she's still doing it at 14, so we're putting a stop to it now!
I see Adriana everyday, so I don't notice much of a change in her looks from day to day. But, I will let you decide how much you think she has changed in the last month:
| She wanted to wear the bow, but... |
| ...it didn't last long. |

No comments:
Post a Comment