Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thirteen Weeks!

I'm in my second trimester!!!!!

And the last week of the first was an exciting one.  The "morning" sickness got better, but didn't completely go away.  In fact, Sunday night/Monday morning was HORRIBLE again.  I was back to not keeping anything down, so I gave in and got more medicine to make it stop.  The medicine worked almost immediately, but then the heartburn started.  It got so bad on Monday night that it was making me sick.  That's when the real excitement started.  I guess my throat was pretty irritated because when I got sick that time, I threw up some blood.  I made a quick call to the doctor on call (after calling the real expert, my mom, of course).  He said I would be fine, but I needed to get the heartburn under control.  He told me to take some Pepcid.  So much for not taking ANYTHING during this pregnancy.  Oh well...I tried.

Other than that incident, I actually had a really good week.  I'm not nearly as tired as I have been in the past.  I also had a lot of fun with one of my classes!  They "guessed" that I am pregnant (I gave them some pretty obvious hints), and they are so proud of themselves.  One girl in my class (Aly) had been dying to guess since Friday, but she was scared of what I would say if she was wrong.  On Monday, she brought it up again, and said that she was just afraid to guess because I might get mad.  I promised her that I wouldn't get mad.  She said, "ok...then everyone get quiet because I'm ready to guess."  The whole class stopped what they were doing, and Aly started listing the clues that she had.

1.  She noticed I have been getting "increasingly large in the stomach area."  (Note:  Ignore the snowman.)



*It's harder to see my bump this week because this is a maternity shirt and it's still a little big.

2.  She's heard other teachers comment on my weight.  If I were gaining weight for any other reason, no one would be mean enough to say something to me.

3.  I'm happy all the time.

At this point, I interrupted and said that I'm not happy ALL the time.  She said, "yes you are!"  I told her I wasn't happy that morning.  She asked why, and I said, "because I was REALLY sick."

At that point, a lot of kids yelled, "Ooooo!"  Then, Aly said, "so, are you?"  I nodded, and was swarmed by a bunch of girls (and a couple of boys) who hugged me.  Then, one of my boys said, "what is going on?!?!"  Aly sighed and said, "SHE'S PREGNANT!!!"

The kids were all so excited.  They were so happy that they were the first class to guess, and they decided that they weren't going to tell anyone else.  They wanted to see how long it would take the other classes to guess.  That didn't last long.  Some kids told their friends as soon as they left, so word is starting to travel.  That's perfectly fine with me.  I didn't know exactly how to tell the kids, so this works out well.

I'm off to the doctor later this morning.  I'm excited to hear the baby's heartbeat again, but otherwise, it should be a rather uneventful appointment.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute story :o) Speaking of maternity clothes... Motherhood Maternity has GREAT camis! After you have the baby, you can wear them as skirts... not joking. My skirt in this post http://itsnotalwaysblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-thanksgiving.html is a maternity cami! Stock up and save them :o) Oh, and Old Navy's ribbed maternity tanks are wearable after baby too. They are longer and don't look maternity at all (see tank here http://itsnotalwaysblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2010/06/bloggers-unite.html) Ok, that's it! Again, congrats!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the great ideas, Shannon. I never would have thought of turning a cami into a skirt. You are SO creative! And thanks again for the congrats!

Jenny said...

your glow is AMAZING!!! Glad you are loving every bit of it...
We have to get together soon!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, we definitely need to get together! My spring break is in a few weeks. Maybe we can work something out then.