My mother-in-law's birthday is still seven months away, but Scott and I have already decided on the PERFECT present for her...another grandchild! Sue's birthday is September 14th, and that is also the due date for our first child!
Our road to becoming parents didn't begin as smoothly as we had hoped. The first time I got a positive pregnancy test was on September 20, 2010. Scott and I were so happy!
We went to Eddie Merlot's the following night to celebrate our baby. The next Saturday, we went to see my family in Columbia City. We had Quentin wear a t-shirt that said, "I'm the big cousin" and waited for everyone to notice. The next day, we went over to Scott's parent's house. We gave Sue an "early retirement" present...a positive pregnancy test. Of course, everyone was excited to welcome a new baby to the family. Quentin even gave the baby a name...Grovo. Unfortunately, we never got to meet Grovo. On October 26th, his heart stopped beating and my heart broke.
I suspected that I might be pregnant again a few days after Christmas, but I didn't take another pregnancy test until January 1st. Scott and I decided that 2010 was an unlucky year, and we wanted to start fresh in 2011. On December 31st, Scott came home from work and said, "so are you testing at 12:01?" Absolutely! Right after watching the ball drop to ring in the new year, I went upstairs to go to the bathroom. I figured I would take the test back downstairs, and Scott and I would watch for it to change together. That wasn't possible. Before I even left the bathroom, I could tell that it was starting to turn positive. As I walked down the stairs, I said, "Happy new year!" Scott said, "oh my gosh! You're kidding!"
Before taking the pregnancy test, we had talked about how different it would be this time. Our innocence was gone. We no longer felt like nothing bad could happen to us. We worried that we wouldn't be able to allow ourselves to get as excited this time around. All of that worry was gone as soon as we saw the positive test. We talked about how we couldn't believe how happy we were. We were definitely more nervous than we had been with Grovo, but we were just as excited as we had been with him. As the weeks go by, we continue to get more and more excited to meet our new baby!
Two weeks ago today, I went to my first doctor appointment (with a new doctor, by the way). At that point, a "good" heartbeat would have been 126 bpm or higher. I was so thrilled to hear a strong heartbeat of 150! The baby was smaller than expected, but it's not like Scott and I are giants. The doctor wasn't at all concerned about the small size, but I was, so he said I could come back in two weeks to see that the baby is growing. I went back today. The baby has grown just as it should. It is exactly two weeks bigger than it was two weeks ago. It's heartbeat is 166! And this baby is lucky enough to have an older sibling up in Heaven watching out for it.
So, this has officially become a "Mommy Blog." Let the countdown begin...
Kucoin better than Binance? Honest opinion
11 months ago

2 comments:
Congratulations, Elizabeth!!! I am so happy for you and Scott :o)
Thank you, Shannon! We're so excited!!
Post a Comment