I first met Scott on April 20, 2007. I knew from the first time that I talked to him that there was something special about him. Three-and-a-half years later, I have learned just how right I was.This past week has been the worst week of my life. This is no exaggeration. In the past, I may have thought I had horrible things happen to me, but nothing compares to this week. Maybe someday I'll be ready to write about it. For now, it will help me to write about Scott and how much he has helped me through this week.
I know this has been a painful week for Scott, too, but he has stayed strong for me and put me first. He has let me cry, and cry, and cry. He knows when to say something to try to make me feel better, and he knows when to just stop talking and let me continue to cry. Scott has listened to me talk on and on about our ordeal. He's let me rehash the whole experience multiple times, and he's listened to my questions of "why?" He has also heard every statistic that I can possibly find and every nightmare and fear that I've had. He's helped me to stop blaming myself. I'm still working on this one. He knows when I need to laugh and when a joke is absolutely the last thing that I want to hear. He also seems to know what can be joked about and what is off-limits. This has definitely not been a fun week to be around me, but Scott has made me feel like there is nowhere else he would rather be. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciate all that Scott has done for me, and will continue to do as we work through this difficult time.
I also want to thank the others that have helped me this week. Thank you to my mom who came to stay with me, take care of me and my house, and has also talked me through this daily. I could not have gotten through this without her.
Thank you to all my other family members and friends who have been there for me to talk, call, email, text, etc. Thanks to all the people I work with who have proven to me that they are more than just coworkers; they are great friends and my extended family.
I know that with everyone's help, I will get through this, and I will be a stronger person for it.

1 comment:
I continue to think about you everyday! Hang in there....you are lucky in so many ways, as you have said here.....keep those positive thoughts and time heals and yes, you will be an even stronger person!
Post a Comment