On March 8, Eric was 34 weeks old.
On March 15, he was 35 Weeks (8 Months) old.
I remember when Adriana was around 8 months old that I wrote about how I really liked her personality. Eight months old must be when our babies start to develop their own personalities, because I've noticed lately how likeable Eric is. He is a sweet, cuddly, funny little boy. He likes to make faces to get people to laugh. He likes to watch Adriana and laugh at the different things she does. Their favorite game is to climb all over me when I'm lying down. They both laugh hysterically. Eric loves to get attention, but immediately gets shy about it. When random people talk to him, he will get a huge smile on his face, and then he will bury his face in my shoulder.
Eric is a definite Mama's boy. Scott is Adriana's favorite right now. The minute he walks in the door, I am all but forgotten. I joke with Scott that it's ok because I am definitely Eric's favorite. He never wants to leave my side. He would like to be permanently attached to my hip. I can't wait to tell him about this when he's a teenager and wants nothing to do with me. :-)
Here's everything that Eric can do at 8 months old:
- Reaches for utensils when being fed
- Turns head away when finished eating
- Rolls all the way around
- Sits unsupported (he just doesn't like to)
- Gets on arms and knees in crawling position (but then flops like a fish to move)
- Has specific cries for various needs
- Babbles enthusiastically
- Tests gravity by dropping objects over edge of high chair (my favorite)
- Responds to own name
- Has different reactions for different family members
- Shows some anxiety when removed from parent (this is an understatement)
- Reaches for toys
- Drops objects and then looks for them
- Goes from tummy to sitting by himself
- Picks up tiny objects (and immediately tries to eat them)
- Begins to identify self in a mirror's reflection
- Gets upset if a toy is removed (Adriana tests his development in this area often...isn't that nice of her?)
- Transfers object from hand to hand
- Stands holding onto someone
Since I'll be back soon for Eric's 9-month post, I'll mostly focus on pictures now.
Week 36 (March 22):
| I love how Eric looks in polos! |
Eric got his top two teeth on March 27. The poor kid got them both on the same day!
| I might have an update with this picture, too, if I can find the picture I'm thinking of. |
Week 38 (April 4):
Eric is now pulling himself up to standing. Adriana's days of putting things on the coffee table to keep them away from Eric are over. He's also working on his 5th tooth. He hates it.
| Adorable! |
See you soon for 9 Months!

No comments:
Post a Comment