Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 12, 2013

Adriana Leigh is 22 Months Old

It's hard to believe that Adriana is already 22 months old.  Mostly because I know that this is the month that she will become a big sister.  She does seem "big," though, when I think about all of the things that she's doing.

Adriana knows 21 of her letters.  She still has trouble with N (just stares at it), P (calls it R), S (calls it Z), V (calls it Y), and Z (calls it S).  She also identifies 1 and 2 consistently, and others sometimes.  She can count to 4, and when I ask her what comes after 4, she yells, "five!"  She know several of her shapes.  She knows circle and oval 100% of the time.  The knows square and triangle most of the time.  She practices her shapes using shape puzzles, so she also knows some less-common shapes.  She sometimes mixes up rectangle and trapezoid, but she almost always knows diamond, pentagon (penten), and octagon (ah-ah).

Adriana continues to "read" stories to us.  Just this morning, she was reading a peek-a-boo book completely on her own.  Most of the time, she finishes lines for us.  Sometimes, she can tell us how a page starts or fill in words in the middle of a page.  Her favorite books to "read" are Llama Llama Red Pajama, Hand Hand Fingers Thumb, The Cat in the Hat, and Green Eggs and Ham.

Adriana has just started putting two or three words together.  She will say, "hi Mommy," "hi Daddy," etc.  She also sometimes calls me "Silly Mommy."  This morning she said, "come with me."  It's funny to see her concentrate on putting the ideas together and then say the words very carefully.

Adriana has shown some interest in potty training.  I'm not forcing it because I know she's in for a big change pretty soon, but there have been days that she has asked to go on the potty.  She has peed on the potty some, and she has pooped on the potty twice!

As far as Adriana's personality, she is just the sweetest girl.  She stops what she is doing to kiss me at least 20 times per day.  She loves to cuddle and hug.  As I type this, she is lying beside me twirling my hair.  She can be independent.  When she is having fun, she doesn't care where I am.  But she also loves to be around the people she loves.  If I ask her if she loves someone, she will say yes, and then start naming off all the other people she loves.

She does have her mother's temper, but we're working on that...

Here is our sweet girl (and her beloved cheese):


I included this picture to show her socks.  She put them on herself!

No comments: