Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adriana Leigh is Six Months Old

I can't believe it has already been 1/2 of a year with Adriana!  It doesn't seem like she should be this old already, and yet, it feels like she's always been a part of our lives.


Hey, Elmo!  Let me have your nose...

...or your foot

Wait!  What do you have there?
Paper!  I love paper!
It is SO much fun!

Now that I've torn the paper apart, I'll go after Elmo again!
At six months old, Adriana can do all of the following:
  • Keep her head level when pulled to a sitting position
  • Make some vowel-consonant sounds and some two-syllable sounds (She hasn't been babbling as much lately, though.  Scott says this means that she is putting some thought into what she is saying instead of just saying the first thing that comes to her mind.)
  • Sit by herself with minimal support
  • Open her mouth for a spoon
  • Reach for and grab objects
  • Roll over and back
  • Hold a bottle
  • Copy some facial expressions
  • Turn in the direction of a voice
  • Play peekaboo (She just started this yesterday, and she doesn't have it completely down yet, but she's starting.)
  • Chew on objects
  • Reach for utensils when being fed
  • Respond to her name
  • Have different reactions for different family members
  • Reach for toys
  • Transfer object from hand to hand
  • Extend her arms when getting dressed
I just can't believe how big she is getting and all of the stuff she's learned to do in the past six months.  We love you so much, Adriana Leigh Herman!

No comments: