First of all, I made an error in last week's blog. It's fixed now, and I'm sorry for the error. Maybe (hopefully), the error wasn't even noticed. :-)
The nursery is pretty much done! I worked on some finishing touches yesterday, and I will put the baby's name on the wall once we know whether to put the Ebenezer or Petunia up. (Oh my gosh! I can't believe I just gave away the names! Don't tell Scott.) But, otherwise, it is done.
We bought our furniture in the spring. I think we got the crib, dresser, and changing table in April, and the glider in May. Scott painted the room in the middle of June, when I went to New Jersey with my mom. At the end of June, Scott, my dad, and Brandon put a chair rail up in the nursery. The following weekend, Scott painted the chair rail and I put up decals. At my shower a couple of weeks ago, my mom (and dad) gave us our bedding.
As you can probably tell from the other pictures on my blog, I don't have the best camera (it's old, and right now, I'd rather spend my money on baby stuff), but I think you can get the general idea from these pictures. If you are ever in our area, and you would like to see the room in person, just let me know.
 |
| This is the view of the nursery as you walk in. |
| |  |
| As you walk into the room, you see these blocks. (I don't know what's wrong with this picture.) |
This is a view of the closet:
 |
| The dresser and changing table go along this wall. |
 |
| The wall to the right of the window |
 |
| The wall to the left of the window |
 |
| The wall with the crib and glider. The baby's name will go above the crib. | |
|
|
|
 |
| A close-up of the large giraffe decal |
 |
| This is our glider |
 |
| A close-up of the block decals |
 |
| I made this bear for the baby at Build-a-Bear. I recorded the baby's heartbeat, and you can hear it when you press the bear's right paw. (Yes, I steal all of my ideas from Shannon.) |
 |
| A close-up of the ABC decals above the closet |
 |
| A close-up of the little giraffe |
 |
| The 123 decals above the door |
 |
| And the cute little bee decal |
|
|
|
|
|
|
And now that you've taken a tour of the nursery, here are the pictures of its resident-to-be (I feel like it grew a lot this week!):
2 comments:
Love the nursery!! Too cute!!!!
Thank you, Angela!
Post a Comment