Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

My mom and dad are getting ready to go on a cruise for Spring Break.  They flew to New Orleans on Friday morning, and their cruise ship will be leaving soon (if it hasn't left already).  Because of this trip, we didn't get to celebrate Easter with them.  (They were just in Indy last weekend, though, so I guess we could call that our Easter celebration.)

Anyway, I knew they wouldn't be around, but Brandon would, so when I heard about an Easter Egg Hunt in my neighborhood on Saturday, April 3rd, I asked Brandon if he would have the boys.  He said that he would, so I invited him.  I said that I understood if he didn't want to come since it would be a two-hour trip for an egg hunt, but that he was welcome to come if he wanted.  Brandon said he thought it was a good idea, and that we could celebrate Easter together, too.

So, that's what we did.  Brandon and the boys got here on Friday.  The boys had fun playing, and we had Easter dinner once Scott got home from work.

Zeke and I played outside.

And we had fun inside.  Zeke attacked Connor...


...and it turned into a piggy back ride.















On Saturday morning, we had breakfast and then went to the Easter Egg Hunt.  When we got back home, we painted Easter eggs.  They made plain eggs, speckled eggs, eggs with writing, and tie-dye eggs.  We all had such a great time!

Of course I had a great time with everyone here, but this was an especially great weekend for me because Brandon wanted to come celebrate Easter with me, even though Mom and Dad weren't able to.  It wasn't like it was a chore or something that he felt he had to do.  He came because he wanted to.  And we got together because we wanted to.  I love that I have a brother that I get along with so well.  We don't just see each other because of our parents; obviously, we genuinely enjoy spending time together.

And although I don't like to think about it, and I hope that this is a long way off, I do realize that there will come a day that my parents won't be here.  I know of so many siblings who stop getting together once their parents are gone.  Sometimes it happens even before that.  It's nice to know that I won't have to worry about that.

No comments: