Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Adriana Leigh Herman is 23 Months Old

I hear people say all the time, "I can't believe my baby is almost two."  I don't feel that way.  When I look at Adriana, I can't believe she's not two yet.

Maybe it's because she's not my "baby" anymore, but I don't think so.  I've felt this way before Eric was born.  I think it's because of all the stuff Adriana can do.  I'm amazed at how well she is talking, how many things she remembers, and how much she knows.  Still, there is one things I'm struggling with a little bit:  Adriana starts preschool next month.  I'm excited for her because I think she'll love it, but I'm nervous about sending her off by herself.  I'm worried that she'll throw fits at school (I know my mom understands my concern there).  I hope that Adriana's classmates and teachers love her as much as we do and that Adriana loves going to school.

This month, Adriana learned the letter P.  She also identifies S all of the time without calling it Z.  I keep forgetting to mention this, but Adriana also knows many of her numbers.  She can correctly identify 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 100% of the time.  In addition, she can count to 6.  This AMAZES me.  I was working on counting to 5 with her, and she was doing pretty well, but didn't have it mastered, so I hadn't moved on to 6 yet.  About two weeks ago, Adriana was playing, and she started to count to herself.  I couldn't believe it when I heard her say, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6."  I don't know where she picked it up, but she has counted to 6 several times since then.

I am thrilled with everything Adriana is learning, but what I am most proud of this month is how nice she is to her baby brother.  She is truly one of the most loving kids I have ever seen.  She has been excited about Eric since we first started talking about having a new baby.  When she met him for the first time, that excitement grew exponentially.  She has adjusted to having a baby brother so well!  She had some trouble sleeping when he first came home, but that's Adriana.  She's never been a great sleeper.  I also think it was partly to due to fear.  She didn't understand why Mommy and Daddy didn't come home for three nights, and she kept coming in our room to make sure that we were still there.  That lasted about a week, and now she does very well!  She may have a bad night here and there, but at one point, she stayed in her big girl bed 11 nights in a row!

Adriana loves to help me with Eric.  She gets diapers for me without being asked.  She will also get towels for me when he spits up, and she tries to help him with his pacifier when he cries.  Adriana kisses Eric so many times each day that I lose track.  I don't get quite as many kisses anymore because she is so busy kissing Eric.  She is so cute when she talks to him, too.  I hear, "hi Baby Eric," "hi Rarick," aww...Sweetie Eric," "kiss him," "[he] likes it" (after she kisses him), and "nice" (after she kisses him) several times every day.  She will be playing on her own and then need to come over and touch him.  It's like she just needs to check in with him from time to time.

Ever since Eric came along, Adriana's favorite thing to do is play with her babies.  She feeds them, diapers them, puts them to bed, wraps them up in towels/blankets, gives them baths, dances with them, puts them to bed, etc.  This goes on for hours and hours.  I love watching Adriana imitate what I'm doing.  It's neat to see how she perceives what I'm doing with Eric, and to see that she wants to be like me.

Here she is taking care of Sulley after his bath:




And here she is in her monthly picture:

She was clipping Elmo's nails.  She loves to do "mani-pedis" right now.

Laughing at Mommy

No comments: