Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

31 Weeks

63 days! (Give or take about 14)

We have done a lot this week to get ready for the baby. The nursery is coming along nicely. We just have a few things to hang before I can show pictures, and S
cott promises that this will be done within the week.

I am starting to inter
view pediatricians. In fact, I had an interview with one a little bit ago. I am interviewing another one in a few weeks. Both have privileges at our hospital, so they will be able to come to the hospital after the baby is born, as opposed to having the random pediatrician at the hospital check our baby. Both also have very high ratings on Angie's List. I liked the doctor I met with today, but I will still keep the appointment with the other to make sure that I am choosing the best doctor for our baby.

On Monday, we went to our first Lamaze class. We will have three more classes, each taking place on Monday nights. There are 6 other couples in our class, and so far it seems like a great class. We did an activity to get to know each other, learned some strategies for coping with
pain, and discussed some of the signs of labor.

Monday was also a special da
y because it was our 2nd anniversary. Since we had Lamaze class on Monday night, we went to our traditional anniversary dinner at The Melting Pot on Sunday night. But, that doesn't mean we didn't do anything to celebrate on Monday. Scott left work early so we would be able to spend more time together. When he came home, he brought me flowers and a strawberries and creme from Starbucks.




















We also went to lunch together and met with someone about our anniversary present. We are in the process of finding a contractor to build us a deck. We realize that wood is the traditional present for the 5th year of marriage, but we've decided to go a little out of order. If we went in order, this year's present would be cotton. I can't think of anything I really want/need that is made of cotton.


Finally, this week I did some shopping for the baby. Babies R Us was havin
g some great sales, and I had 3 coupons for 20% off. I paid for my stuff in three separate transactions, so I was able to use all of my coupons. After sales and coupons, I was able to get a bouncer, car seat headrest, 12 bottles, a changing pad, 2 changing pad covers, two waterproof changing pad protectors, two waterproof sheet protectors, a mattress pad, a diaper pail, 2 diaper pail refills, some outlet covers, a set of Lots of Links, and a waterproof car seat protector. I saved $107 on everything!

And now...the weekly pictures:

2 comments:

jenniper said...

Hi Bit,

You look awesome and happy!

Jenni

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Jenni!!