Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Bonus Carmel Home (Downstairs)

Some of my mom's friends wanted to see pictures of our house, so this post is dedicated to them...

When Scott and I started to look at houses, we looked in Carmel.  His parents live there, and I teach there, so it seemed like the place that made the most sense.  However, we ended up really liking a neighborhood on the other side of the street, which means our house is in Westfield.  This is fine with us.  But there are many people in the area who make snide comments because we don't live in the prestigious Carmel.  Because of this, Scott and I like to joke that we live in Bonus Carmel.  Here is the house we picked.

First, the outside...


A close-up of my cute little fall friends.


This is the view as you walk in the front door.


And if you turn around...


A close up of my little decorated table in the entryway.  I'm going to put a different arrangement on it for each season.  I just decorated for fall.


The office is to your right as you walk in.  It's still disorganized, but we're working on it.  The picture used to be in Scott's kitchen.  We haven't found a place for it yet in the new house.


Across from the stairway, we have a little hallway with a closet...


...that leads to our half bath.  I decided not to take a picture of the toilet, so you just get the sink.


The dining room is across from the office.  The first picture is a view of our dining room window.


This is our dining room table.


And our china cabinet...


As you walk through the dining room, you come into the kitchen.  This is one area of the kitchen.


And another...


And another (of our sink and window)...


We have an eating area in our kitchen.  The doors that you see are the pantry.


The living room is adjacent to the kitchen/eating area.


This is the edge of the half-wall that separates the kitchen and living room.


Our fireplace


With fall decorations


Our fireplace mantle


My last fall decorations


The living room also opens into the entryway (at the staircase), so the downstairs makes a complete circle.  On the other side of the stairs is a door to the basement.  The basement isn't finished, so I won't be including pictures of that.  Someday we'll get it done, and I'll post pictures at that time.

I'll save the upstairs for another day.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The pictures look good. Good job on the fall decorating, too. Don't let your little guys outside blow away if it gets windy...they're cute!!

I really like the fireplace and mantle and the table near the stairway:-)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! I keep an eye on the outside decorations. :-) My favorite is the cornucopia on the table, too. :-)